Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tis the Season

Christmas retail and Thanksgiving sales is certainly filling my life with busyness these last couple of days and certainly the next couple of weeks up til the holidays are over. I haven't gotten much wedding stuff done. I'm almost entirely decided against having orchids at the wedding. Though I love them, they are flashier than most of the other wedding details and extremely expensive. And I'm not sure I'd be able to find them in the colors and size I want. I'm really going for a fern look, I think.

I like the idea of apothecary jars filled with fern branches. Apothecary jars are hard to find in the right shape and size you want. I looked into buying some for a craft at one point, and they're pretty expensive. Not exactly something you can really use at a later point at well.



At this point I'm thinking of getting different sized, shaped glass bottles and filling them with either fern stems or different types of dried florals or herbs. I found a site that had dried hydrangea, dried jasmine, dried maidenhair fern, etc. I bookmarked it to show to my mum later. No decisions as of yet.



I also shopped from glasses for the apartment from Crate & Barrel. I would have registered for them, but they went on sale and I was afraid that perhaps they would go out of stock so I bought them myself.


Gus Glasses

Andrew likes them too, he picked them out of some other glasses I showed him. Easy to grip, easy to stack, and the staff already wrapped them up in newspaper and packed them tight in a nice packing bag that has a handle. So they're just going to stay put with my other stuff until we move.

No comments: