Monday, November 10, 2008

Poll Results

Cake and Tarts won the Favourite Dessert poll wih 5 votes each! Unfortunately, we're no longer DOING tarts, but pie, but luckily for those who prefer one over the other, both will be available after brunch. A shiny new poll is up, vote if you have time or the interest.


Haven't done much in the way of the wedding since Andrew was here two weeks ago. I picked up Annalee's BM dress as it finally came. Since I had it in hand and the tux shop was right next to David's Bridal, I swung by to ask them a question. My cousin Marjan had recommended the possibility of doing a black vest with a color tie to make the color pop more, but I needed to find out whether that was plausible with MW Tux. They said it is, so that will take some consideration. I like the idea of a color vest and black tie, but I'm not sure how that would look.

The gentleman who is the manager asked if we were using fern, since he could see that was the color of Annalee's dress. I informed him it was, but that Andrew would be wearing royal blue and the groomsmen would most likely be wearing Fern (the boys voted, only Tom wanted blue, and Ian didn't care). Well, he gave a start and said in a very concerned voice if I was very sure Andrew wanted to wear blue when everyone else is wearing fern. I told him we were sure, thanked him for the information and left.

However, on repeating the story to Andrew because I thought the seriousness of the manager in response to the colors was hilarious, Andrew has decided (much to his frustration) that he's going to wear fern, damn it all. I told him we'd picked out a nice blue that he had liked, but he's uncomfortable with being the only one wearing blue. So... we'll see what is decided when we actually put in the order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I liked the idea of Andrew being the only one wearing blue. I think that would have made it look interesting. I say, screw conformity!

Other than that, all of this wedding stuff is so exciting! I almost makes me want to get married...almost. : )

-Erin