Dessert
As the poll on my blog is done on Halloween, it seems fitting that Andrew and I are about to confirm our dessert options for the brunch. We had an appointment with a bakery in Greenwood called Piece of Cake, that Valle Vista highly recommended and asked we use if we could. We were given a sample of chocolate and white cake, with ivory and white buttercream icing.
We've decided on having pie as well as cake for the cake lovers (Andrew and I are pie-supporters). Our cake will feed a little more than half the reception. The bottom layer is going to be lemon with raspberry filling, and the top layer will be spice cake. The icing is going to be white, and we've decided on a simple design.

The icing on the cake will be like so but the peaks will be a little more exaggerated. this is what is known as "rough styling" apparently. No flowers of any sort, though we may at a later date add some fruit or mint to the design.
Piece of Cake also does pies, so we're getting an arrangement of berries, apples, and probably a keylime pie as well. I'm looking into purchasing some geometric pie cutters from William-Sonoma so the designs of the wedding pies will be a little more exciting than usual.
Photography
Probably the biggest pain we have right now. We really want good quality photography for the wedding that we're willing to skimp a little on style as long as the clarity and composition of the photographers are grade A material. Unfortunately, it seems that photographers everywhere are raising their prices and dropping ala carte options from their packages. Every package we've found is atleast $1000 dollars. And for that you may only get 1 photographer and 6 hours coverage. No images on a DVD, no prints, just coverage.
We found two studios we REALLY liked, one that had great style as well as photo quality but they just upped their price and changed their package in the last five days, so we had to mark them off the list because it's no longer in our budget. The remaining studio I'm emailing tomorrow. They're Valle Vista recommended and have a good package for what we can afford.
Registry
Though we haven't finished our registries by a long shot, because alot of merchandising changes after the holidays, we've certainly been given perhaps way too much food for thought as to what we want in our apartment and how we're going to decorate it. We have decided that the kitchen is going to be a series of bright reds, greens, and blues. The rest of the house - no clue!
Andrew and I had the cutest disagreement over china. I'm a fan of the really plain, white china so that you can always decorate the table with whatever other colors and designs you like. He wants a pattern, and a pattern with color. I don't mind a pattern as long as its not over done and it's in white. Needless to say, I'm a pushover and we're currently registered for a white striped china set with blue edging. I'm hoping we can switch to the same pattern without the blue edging, but I need to find some prettier place-mats and napkins that don't fit what we have on the list now to convince him.

3 comments:
You guys are so cute. Disagreements over china. I must admit that I agree with Andrew. Colors-even a small ring of color-is pretty.
I think I like the cake design. Especially the description of the bottom layer. *drool*
-Erin
sooo ummm i'm switching ranks!! I love the design andrew picked for the china...hehe...mwah to both of you!
I love the fact that only you guys can have a "cute" arguement...lol
Most of us would have a dragged out fight....lmao... That's love!!!
Post a Comment