Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm dressed!

Mum and I checked out a place near the wedding location called Unique Bridal. This was another Alfred Angelo dress. I loved the fabric and the look of the bust area, but in the end it wasn't for me.


Alfred Angelo



However, mum called me in from William-Sonoma after work and told to swing by Saks because she had a dress she wanted to show me! I'm pretty sure this is the one we're getting and it's absolutely gorgeous. I saw it on the rack and loved it more than any of the previous ones.

I have til Tuesday to decide whether I want the dress before Saks sends it away. The style didn't sell well so they're not carrying it anymore and the sample is mine for the buying if I want it. I'm pretty sure I do. What do you think? The first picture isn't quite as flattering pixelated as it was in person.




Ulla Meija Unknown Style Name


I'm most likely going to be wearing pearls and Mum is going to design me a birdcage veil to go with it. The dress isn't in ivory, though I would have liked it to be. It's off-white enough that it's not too harsh against my skin tone. (Whee - still have tan lines.) If we get this dress - the bridal party will be "dressed." Which is a wonderful thing to have checked off of the list.


In other news, Andrew is coming up to the house this upcoming weekend and we're getting some more things done. Hopefully we'll be decided what to do for dessert as we have a cake appointment on Friday with a nice bakery near Valle Vista. We're going to decide on some music, hopefully grab a couple of photographers to check out, and talk about the ceremony and how we want it done. If anyone knows of some local photographers, I'm asking everyone to email me or comment who they recommend!

8 comments:

Gail said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love that dress on you, you're beautiful, and it made me cry...so it's the one...you should say yes to the dress. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Samara said...

Thanks guys! We're getting it, I'm really excited!

Dana said...

Love the dress!

Anonymous said...

Love it. You are going to be a wonderful bride. your pool mom
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Erin!

Oh my God, that dress is so beautiful! It suits you. I know I've said it five times already, but I'm going to say it again. I'm so happy for you!!!

Carolyn said...

I concur with everyone else. The dress suits you perfectly and you look absolutely gorgeous in it! Very exciting.

Carolyn said...

Charlie just arrived home from a trip and says he loves the dress too! Well done, Samara.