Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh no! More Dresses!

Gail has reminded me that I must post more often. This post is in honor of her.

I sometimes feel like I'm orchestrating a game of Oh no! More Lemmings! where I have to get all the lemmings (all the little wedding details) through the end door without killing off too many of them. I feel like I'm digging endless holes, jumping off cliffs with only an umbrella, and building stairs to no where. Only sometimes though.

Andrew and I have secured a final date for our wedding! We went into Valle Vista on Friday to put down a deposit and go over the paperwork with our consultant, Rosie. I won't post the date for security reasons since this blog is open to the public. But we were able to secure a morning slot so you'll be seeing us all exchange our vows at eleven in the morning!


Mum, Aunt Sherri and I went to Nancy's Bridal earlier this past week and tried on some more dresses. They didn't have some of the ones I posted below, but these are the three I liked that are posted below. Guess which one Mum and Aunt Sherri cried over?



This dress was very summery and perhaps a little too informal for a wedding.



The weird white line around my waist is the strapless bra, which we decided I wouldn't wear anyway. Like the dress, but it looked better in person.



I love strapless dresses so much more than halter tops. This once may be a little too lacy, but I thought the top looked great.




In other news, when Andrew approved of the wedding colors he didn't realize that he would have to wear them. After realizing this was the case this past weekend (we were going over details and decorations) he looked so disappointed that I agreed to get rid of the champagne and replace it with a blue color that would coordinate but not overpower the fern color the girls are wearing. So I'm currently searching for a suitable shade. Any advice? Right now all that looks good is a really dark blue. Pah. Boys, huh? =D

2 comments:

Gail said...

Geez andrew....and my guess for the one that your mom and aunt sherry cried over is the first one...i think, maybe the second one...no the first. I will look for a color of blue that goes....could they not wear fern ties or something? Not sure which colored things you are talking about. Hmm...You look beautiful regardless, love

Gail said...

I keep looking at the dresses over again. I really like the strapless one in the pics, what's wrong with it?