Friday, September 26, 2008

Four days at home.

I was unfortunate enough to be able to get my wisdom teeth torn out of my mouth yesterday morning, so I've spent the last two days here at home attempting to recover. The pain is off and on, and mostly I've been very fortunate not to deal with too much swelling or aching. I'm eating soft foods and trying to deal with the headache that seems to be plaguing me from the painkillers. I have two more days before I go back to work, so wish me a speedy recovery!

The one thing I can say about staying at home and being little able to do anything besides lay in bed is that I've had too much time to consider wedding plans. The designer and craft person that I am sometimes is crying out for small, innovative touches here and there to the wedding. But alas - doing so would put me over the budget and I'm determined to stay within the budget as closely as possible.

I do have to say that Martha Stewart weddings are gorgeous and I love them. I also have the Real Simple Weddings guide which has beautiful pictures and tons of good advice for me to follow. In fact, I told Andrew I'd email him some of the stuff I learned today so I guess that is what I'm up to next after I write this post.

Still no dress. I find that I like simpler and simpler designs, but they are the hardest to find in stock. I'm considering getting my dress made (if I can find a reasonable and quality seamstress to commission the pattern from) but I'd like to just find the plain dress I want and buy it.

May post more as the weekend drags on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness my pool daughter. You will feel better in a few days.
Brenda

Gail said...

Not sure hon, where to post all the answers to your questions on my blog!!! No spending money on me, first off!! And I don't think I can publish the article in multiple places, it'll be psychology journal published...you may of course read it when it's done, but you may find it exceedingly boring. My mom would love to grab a bite to eat or coffee/tea with you, just give her a call. I'm emailing you my address as we speak!