I've almost got the table decorations figured out. I just need to call my dad's cousin again, who is doing our floral arrangements to get some more advice and let her know what I would like to see. I feel bad that I haven't seen her since Christmas time or called at all. We both work retail, and she travels almost every week. But I'll do it soon. I have to.
Here's what I have managed to wrangle up! Working at Williams-Sonoma has really worked out for me. Our apothecary jars went on sale and I got an extra 40% off of the sale price. I had to get 16 shipped in from Louisville but it was worth it. I love the look but the typical price range is closer to a $50,000 wedding budget, over 5x ours.
Apothecary Jar, about 12" height
Also took advantage of a sale at Crate & Barrel and got my hands on a beautiful cake cutting set and some olive tealights for table decoration. We aren't using the tealights for candles because that doesn't seem right for a morning wedding. Rather, I hope to put a little bit of water in the bottom and stick in a huge white flower or an iris bud to just sorta float around the jars to add some more color to the table.
We still have many other things to work out. Andrew and I need to finalize the menu as well as check on some thing with Valle Vista about how the schedule will work since our wedding is so early. I need to check something with our bakery about the diameter of our cake; WS just got in a beautiful cake stand in exactly the same color as the BM dresses, so I'm considering adding it to the dessert table to make the cake pop more.
We need to confirm more items with our bridal party. Carolyn was wonderful enough to take care of rehearsal dinner (which I worried about anyway, silly chit that I am). My mum is taking care of getting our alterations done.
Things I need to get done myself in the next week or so:
☼ Send passport app (the office that accepts them is way out of my way)
☼ Mail finished Save-the-Dates (finally)
☼ Call Aryana to have her order her dress
☼ Mail Annalee's dress to her
☼ Call Bakery
☼ Call Tux to get information for the guys
☼ Block hotel rooms
☼ Start researching charities for favor donation

No comments:
Post a Comment